I can't even put into words how much this touched me. This comic is amazing - the story it tells is real ans true, the pacing is spot on, and the art is simply gorgeous. As someone who has been in a very similar situation before I really appreciate the way this relationship has been portrayed. Thank you.
It Will Be Hard
A downloadable comic for Windows, macOS, and Linux
It Will Be Hard is an award-winning interactive graphic novel telling the story of Arthur and Harold - two men, with two polar opposite sexualities, working together toward one mutually fulfilling relationship.
With queer people of colour at its center, the gentle, optimistic, and optionally erotic story touches upon gray-asexuality, polyamory, and the importance of communication between partners.
Please be advised that this work is only suitable for readers aged 18+!
- FREE! Forever!
- 130+ fully-coloured pages!
- Designed to be an interactive experience for Windows, Mac, and Linux!
- Also available as a PDF including an Abridged version that does not contain explicit sexual content!
- Bonus PDF of 3 full-page illustrations and a sweet mini comic!
- Behind-the-scenes PDF with sketches and in-progress pages!
It Will Be Hard is presented as a digital comic with light choose-your-own adventure mechanics the player can use to create their own reading canon. The story stays linear, but the branching moments and memories explored go deeper into the two protagonists’ pasts and characters.
The game features an optional sexually explicit section, which requires the player’s consent before moving forward, and can be skipped in its entirety. The Abridged PDF removes this scene as well.
- Winner of an Australian Game Developer Award (2018).
- Nominated for Freeplay Independent Games Festival's Excellence in Visual Art and Excellence in Narrative (2019).
- Nominated for Prism Awards for Small To Midsize Press (2019).
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- It Will Be Hard is now FREE, plus Behind-The-Scenes PDF!May 07, 2019
- Bonus Content Live!Dec 01, 2018